This article provides the required information EK customers should know before purchasing the EK-Care Package service.
What should I know before buying the EK-Care Package?
The users can add the EK-Care Package service to all EK products bought through the EKWB webshop. But there are some limitations you need to know before you decide to add it to your order.
You can read the full version of the Terms and Conditions here: EK’s Terms of Sale.
For us to recognize that your RMA is related to an EK-Care Package, it is a prerequisite to open an RMA via your account.
Here are some of the related conditions that need to be fulfilled:
- Your account email needs to be the same as the email on your EK-Care Package order. If you don't have an account or you have an account made with a different email, please create a new account.
- Open an RMA from the order within which you bought the EK-Care Package.
- Provide us with the following mandatory information so we can ensure your RMA is processed quickly:
- Shipping address for pickup and possible delivery of replacement products in the following syntax: “Name Surname, Street address, Postcode, City, Area/State, Country”
- Contact information (email or telephone number)
- Description of the problem
- Claim contents (withdrawal with refund or delivery of replacement products – if applicable)
- Evidence demonstrating the claim is justified, such as photos, audio, or video recordings.
You can find the other relevant information below:
- The EK-Care Package does not apply to 30-day guarantee returns and damage claims (EK product damages the customer’s hardware or other belongings), but it is valid for transit issues (damaged or lost shipments).
- Available to all end-users buying through the EKWB webshop (B2B shop excluded).
- The service can only be bought while placing an order through the EK webshop, not during the RMA.
- The service can only be applied to orders for which the customer bought the EK-Care Package (and cannot be transferred to other orders).
- The EK-Care Package service is available and operational Monday to Friday, 6.00 - 14.00 CET, excluding public holidays that are statutory non-working days.
- The service can be utilized once for each order but may include one or multiple products from the same order. However, multiple claims pertaining to a single order will be allowed if filed within 5 (five) days between the first and the last claim.
- The EK-Care Package will not be applied if the RMA is not justified. The purchase of this service does not mean automatic approval of an RMA.
- Customers that bought the EK-Care Package MUST open an RMA through the RMA portal (using their account) and should not report it through the Customer Service form. More info here: How do I open an RMA?
- If we find the customer is trying to take advantage of the service, we reserve the right to reclaim all expenses, losses, and damages incurred with or as a consequence of performing the EK-Care Package services in the following cases where claims turn out not to be justified:
a) Fraud, misrepresentation
b) Infliction of defects due to willful misconduct or gross negligence by the customer
c) The customer fails to return the (defective) products at EKWB’s request
- EK-Care Package can be utilized only for incorrect delivery claims, defect liability, and warranty claims. Incorrect delivery claims include: lost shipments, incomplete shipments (missing parts), shipments of wrong products, and damaged shipments wrapping, irrespective of the courier service provider.
To get more information about the EK-Care Package, see the following related resources:
- Terms of Sale (check under RMA)
- What is the EK-Care Package?
- How do I buy the EK-Care Package?
- How do I claim my EK-Care Package?
- How do I open an RMA?