The loop can get stained after some period of time and the most important thing is that we determine the cause of that.
Here is the list of some common causes:
- Dissolved or old coolant
- Incorrect coolant used
- Insufficient or incorrect maintenance of the loop
- Insufficient or incorrect initial flushing process of the loop
- Algae Growth
If the stained part is easily removable, it's recommended to disassemble it for thorough cleaning. This step ensures better results. Please follow the steps below for disassembling your loop.
- Disconnect the PC from the power source and drain the coolant from the Loop.
- Carefully remove the stained part from the loop, taking note of any cables or fittings that need to be detached.
- Remove all the necessary screws to disassemble the part (the picture of the whole assembly can be found in the installation manual on our webshop under the product's page).
How to clean the stained parts
- You can prepare a cleaning solution by mixing warm water with a mild soap or detergent. Avoid using alcohol, abrasive cleaners, or chemicals on Plexi parts.
- Wet a non-abrasive cloth or a microfiber towel with the cleaning solution.
- Gently wipe the stained surface of the part with a damp cloth or towel. If needed, you can use a soft toothbrush to reach difficult areas. Be cautious not to apply excessive pressure to avoid damaging the part.
- Rinse the part with clean water to remove any soap residue, and do a final rinse with distilled water.
- Dry the part, especially the screw holes before reassembling.
For cleaning the radiators, or if disassembling the stained part is not feasible or desired, you can clean the staining/parts without disassembly by using ''EK-CryoFuel Loop Cleaner + Superflush (Concentrate 250mL)''. However, the overall result may not be as effective, particularly for parts with minimal contact with the coolant.
To prevent future staining and maintain a clean loop, consider the following tips
- Use the recommended coolant for your loop and regularly check its condition. Replace the coolant if it becomes discolored or shows signs of degradation.
- Perform regular maintenance of your loop, including periodic cleaning and flushing.
- Keep an eye on the loop for any signs of algae growth, such as greenish deposits or slime. If detected, take appropriate measures by using ''EK-CryoFuel Loop Cleaner + Superflush (Concentrate 250mL)'' and replacing the coolant.